When it comes to auto interior upholstery fabric, lined ceiling fabric comes to mind. The lined ceiling fabric will add a stylish and spacious atmosphere to your vehicle with its ergonomic and high-quality structure. Thanks to its tough form, it can be used for many years. There are many different types of lined ceiling fabrics. You can choose the lined ceiling fabric you want in accordance with your vehicle interior upholstery.
What is Primed Ceiling Fabric?
Lined ceiling fabric consists of three layers. It is the lining on the outermost part, the sponge in the middle, and the fabric layer on the ceiling of your car, which is the part you will stick on. Lined ceiling fabric has the texture form that allows you to cover the ceiling most comfortably. It can be shaped very easily thanks to the sponge layer in between. It is also very easy and effortless to cut. Flexible, soft-lined fabric is indispensable for ceiling installation. In industrial textile fabric upholstery, lined ceiling fabric is the most popular. You can find our fabrics here .
What are the Features of Lined Ceiling Fabric?
Lined fabric has many features in terms of fabric properties. We would like to share these with you:
- It is a type of fabric laminated with 3-layer sponge.
- It provides sound and heat insulation thanks to the material it contains.
- It has a solid form. It does not shrink or break.
- It can be easily cleaned.
- It has a soft texture.
- It is very easy to disassemble and paste.
- It is durable for many years
- It does not cause sagging or decay.
- Lining quality is at the highest level.
- It is affordable.
- It is easily available.
The features of the lined ceiling fabric are as follows.
Why Auto Ceiling Fabric Sags?
Automotive ceiling fabric loses its insulation properties and adhesive properties over time due to environmental factors. Since there is nothing left to hold the fabric on the ceiling, it sags. Over time, the sponge part, which acts as a layer between the fabric and the lining, may rot and the rotten parts may develop. The exact cause of the decay must be found and the problem must be eliminated.
Any small leak or mold problem on the vehicle roof can cause a rot in the foam part. Another reason that causes sagging in the ceiling fabrics is the re-laying of the adhesive material remaining from the previous fabric removal process without thoroughly cleaning it. If the adhesive is applied again on adhesives that are not cleaned properly, the adhesive loses its adhesive properties. Because there is no ground left to hold on to. This causes the fabric to sag. Carrying out the disassembly and coating processes meticulously will be beneficial in preventing sagging problems in a short time.
What to Consider When Buying Lined Ceiling Fabric
There are some important points you should pay attention to when buying or choosing a lined ceiling fabric. We would like to share these with you:
- The lining part of the ceiling upholstery fabric should be easy to clean.
- It must be resistant to washing and wiping.
- It should be resistant to any impact or scratches.
- The vehicle interior must provide sound and heat insulation.
- It must have insulation properties.
- It should have a flexible and soft structure.
- The fabric should adhere well to the ceiling and should not cause any difficulties in sticking.
- The sponge part must be resistant to decay and sagging.
Vehicle owners who choose lined fabric as ceiling upholstery fabric should pay attention to these issues. If the auto interior upholstery fabric is not good in terms of quality and competence, the upholstery process may cause you trouble. You may face many problems. If you do not want to face any problems, you should pay close attention to the quality of the fabric you choose and the address you will supply it to, and research well. A lot of counterfeiting and second quality products are used in the auto industry textile. Don't waste your time and money with poor quality products.